Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Floor plan

We spent yesterday evening scouring floors with 220-grit sandpaper. For the weekend, I've hatched a crazed plan involving three coats of clear finish and tenting in the backyard while it dries. If the plan flies, move-in might happen as early as next week. I am ready. Really ready.

For a better sense of what we're going to have to work play with, here's a floor plan:


I made this one with Floorplanner.com. I've become obsessed.

You can color the rooms as they're painted, you can move windows, stretch furniture, and do all kinds of crazy things.

And then you can add stuff. You can dream. You can make a sketch with little boxes and shapes representing what you hope the house will look like in three months.

Which is what I did, naturally.
(This one you can click for a bigger view.)
I put the fireplace in the Great Room, just the way it will be someday. I put Patrick's big, crescent-shaped music desk in its corner. If only actually moving were as easy as sliding little boxes around.


Soon.


            

6 comments:

Steph said...

Wow! That's so neat! I have to try it, and I think it will be perfect for planning out the barn layout for the wedding. I was just wishing for something just like this the other day. Not even something like this. This very thing. Thanks! I see an overnight in your new place in early August.

Kristina Strain said...

It would be perfect for that! Have fun.

Becky said...

Thank you so much for sharing the floor plan. Makes it all so much more clear!!!

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

Oh, that site sounds so fun! Good luck with the floors!!

hippiepotomus said...

you should try vermont natural coatings. then you don't have to sleep in a tent:)

Kristina Strain said...

Thanks for the tip! We'd probably still do the tent thing, to avoid being in the house and stirring up dust that could ruin the still-wet finish. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you, so much, for taking the time to chime in here. Your comments make my day. Let's do our best to keep the snarkiness at bay and be a happy, friendly place in the interwebs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails