Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Garden update


2014.


2013.


2012.


2011.


November, 2010, before everything.

I wanted to get some close-ups this morning, but it's pouring, so we'll have to get by on a view from my office window. This is my favorite week of the year to stand at this window and take a picture. Everything I've planted is visible from above; the syringa and the peonies AND the salvia are blooming; the light is soft. 

So pretty. 

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are." Alfred Austin, a 19th century English poet, said that. I don't know anything else he's said or written, but I think that particular sentiment is sheer brilliance.

What am I? Oh, just happy. Happy and a little crazy, with these sweet early-June flowers bobbing on a rainy morning, outside my office window.

Psst! Click here to subscribe to the feed!

1 comments:

Becky said...

Love seeing the progress pictures. Beautiful.

Post a Comment

Thank you, so much, for taking the time to chime in here. Your comments make my day. Let's do our best to keep the snarkiness at bay and be a happy, friendly place in the interwebs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails