Friday, December 13, 2013

Come to stay


Not bad for $45, eh? It has a mirror, too, see?


I'm happy. Inevitably, though, "just a quick coat of paint" has turned into dealing with stripped screws + stuck drawers + wood putty + sanding, sanding, sanding. Such is the way of old furniture refurbishment. I spent most of the day yesterday steaming off the damaged top layer of veneer, with our iron.


And, of course, the clock is ticking. In less than two weeks, this room and this buffet need to be shiny, polished, and ready for their close-ups. We'll see. So far, I'm optimistic.

I do so love a last-minute project.

As for how I'm planning to dress this thing up, see here:


Not planning to go with pink, of course, but I am planning to paint the drawer and door-fronts, and the untaped part of the mirror. I have some really good cabinet primer (SmartPrime) and cabinet paint in a color called Acadia White left over from painting the laundry room cabinets, and I'm thinking it'll be just the thing. And for hardware, I'm imagining a whole slew of these, though that would run over a hundred dollars. But... when you've only put $45 into a project, and you're going to cover it with leftover paint, you can consider such extravagances.

Alrighty. I'm headed off to Ithaca for the weekend, for a little Christmas shopping and a lot of carousing, and, despite the snow forecast, I am looking forward to it.

Psst! Click here to subscribe to the feed!

1 comments:

Becky said...

Can't wait to see it finished.

Post a Comment

Thank you, so much, for taking the time to chime in here. Your comments make my day. Let's do our best to keep the snarkiness at bay and be a happy, friendly place in the interwebs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails