Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Progress: Stairwell edition



Continuing on our little tour of home improvement... most of which has been on the "decorating and arranging" spectrum since the springtime... I present to you, the stairwell. The early days.




We (Patrick) nailed the wainscoting back into place and spackled a big, uneven gap-- which took about seventeen applications of joint compound, and two weeks to dry, and now you can't even see the spot. He's golden, I'm tellin' ya. Then I primed and painted the wainscoting, and painted the walls Behr Baked Brie.


Then I took down the painter's tape (ha), and hung a couple of paintings. 



See, baby steps. Nothing life-changing, but a big improvement. A reason to smile every time I go downstairs. A little shot of motivation for finishing this-- painting the hallway floor and treads, and replacing/refurbishing the banister. We're gunning to get that done before Christmas.



Psst! Click here to subscribe to the feed!

4 comments:

alanna rose said...

How can you not love the color Baked Brie?
Good job!

Kristina Strain said...

I know, I'm loving it more and more. We're thinking of painting the downstairs bathroom the same color.

Becky said...

Wow! you two are amazing and talented to the max! Be careful on those bannister-lees stairs! Makes me nervous thinking about it.

Kristina Strain said...

That's on our pre-Christmas to-do list, for sure.

Post a Comment

Thank you, so much, for taking the time to chime in here. Your comments make my day. Let's do our best to keep the snarkiness at bay and be a happy, friendly place in the interwebs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails