Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Summer break



I'm going to be updating the blog only on Mondays for the next several weeks. I have a lot on my plate right now-- gardening, canning, writing, cleaning, writing, working, more working, more writing-- and I need to spend some time investigating something auspicious. Not to be vague or anything.


It could make working from home a real, actual possibility.


Because, you know, that's all I've ever wanted to do. Especially now, with Gilbertsville. My heart cracks a little bit each morning: I look out at the garden and the fields and the flowers and the trees, and I sigh as I climb into the car. I can't imagine being a mother and leaving home for the best part of every day. It's where I make sense, and-- though I admit this sounds very pre-feminism-- where my purpose is clearest. 

Hopefully in the next couple of months, a writing desk with a computer and a file drawer will come to inhabit my craft room. And I will be busy, day in and day out, with the business of writing and growing and learning and working-- and be able to turn and look out the window on paradise whenever I please. 

Send your hopes my way, friends.

Psst! Click here to subscribe to the feed!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck! Your blog always inspires me to improve my garden and yard.

Kristina Strain said...

Thanks Kristen!

Melanie Caskey said...

Sounds fantastic, lovely photos!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/MelanieCaskey

Post a Comment

Thank you, so much, for taking the time to chime in here. Your comments make my day. Let's do our best to keep the snarkiness at bay and be a happy, friendly place in the interwebs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails