Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A long time coming

All those new house pictures didn't fool you into thinking I wasn't spending any time sewing these days, did they? Oh, I've been sewing. In between the deadlines and busy weekends, I've been slowly and contemplatively pulling this little blanket together. Because deadlines and busy weekends are nothing when you have a friend with a due date.

I love little quilts like this. There are no steps to follow, no directions to consult. Just cut a bunch of squares, lay them out on the floor, and play. I love playing. The colors, the patterns... it's my favorite kind of sewing. This time, I set myself the challenge of working with things I already had on-hand. Sometimes a limitation like that brings out the best in creativity, and I think this was one of those times.

Four more weeks until we get to meet the little one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, so much, for taking the time to chime in here. Your comments make my day. Let's do our best to keep the snarkiness at bay and be a happy, friendly place in the interwebs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails