Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What I'm Wearing: Dove gray dress

Dress: Gap, on sale
Shoes: Modcloth
Scarf: I made it from AMH voile
Earrings: Anthropologie

I just haven't been inspired to dress fancily lately. I chalk this up to several factors, the first being: heat. It's hard to get excited about clothes when all you want to do is skip naked through sprinklers. Also, there's none of the stockings-and-cardigans fun of autumn and winter. Thinking ahead to those seasons, I get a tingly little thrill. Stockings, mmmm. It's so hard to wait.

My summer so far has been a blur of concerts, camping, music festivals, and entertaining. It's slowing down now. It was nice to notice small details on my drive to work this morning: hazy blue chicory and Queen Anne's lace along the road. It's mid-July. How did that happen so fast?

I feel I might actually have a few weeks to catch my breath before launching into end-of-summer canning and freezing. That's a good feeling.


3 comments:

Ashley M. [at] (never home)maker said...

I think this is my favorite! Love the dress/scarf combo!

Kristina Strain said...

Thanks! Somehow they look born to go together.

Anonymous said...

for everyone it's already heading towards the end of summer and for me it hasn't begin yet... summer vacay here begins wednesday! can' wait, been in the office tooooooo long <3

Post a Comment

Thank you, so much, for taking the time to chime in here. Your comments make my day. Let's do our best to keep the snarkiness at bay and be a happy, friendly place in the interwebs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails