Sunday, January 4, 2009

Hiking with friends

Our friends Sarah, Jeff, and Monroe were in town, and on this sparkling gem of a sunny January day, we decided it was a good day for another outing to yuuup, you guessed it, Chenango Valley State Park.

Right as I took this picture, Jeff was warning Marley (the dog) to be careful as she trotted out onto the ice.
Something about a picture of the sun setting over a frozen lake. I love those long blue shadows, and the starkness of that trackless frozen expanse.
The happy family:
You may remember Monroe as the star of this post, from when Patrick and I journeyed to Vermont this fall. Fun things happen when he's around, that's just the way it is. His parents aren't too bad, either.

3 comments:

Huhnybee said...

I truly wish Mr. Danby and I could have been there.

Anonymous said...

The Snow Photos Are Wonderful!

katherine mary said...

I LOVE IT!!! looks like a chilly wonderful time! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you, so much, for taking the time to chime in here. Your comments make my day. Let's do our best to keep the snarkiness at bay and be a happy, friendly place in the interwebs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails