Monday, November 5, 2012

November weekend


I am really digging this project. I figured that would happen. After a long summer of grappling with things solidly beyond my ken-- greenhouse!-- it's nice to be back where things make sense. Presser foot. Seam allowance. Rotary cutter. Breathe. Relax.

I divided the panel into thirteen sections, to make it more manageable. I stitched together six-- nearly half of them-- over the weekend. I couldn't help myself. I was working on the floor, Saturday afternoon, when the sun decided to come out for approximately forty-five seconds.


Then it went away.


We've had sunshine for about five minutes in the last ten days. I swear. Upstate New York November is not for the faint of heart, I'm telling ya.

Yesterday, Patrick and I went and walked around a seriously old graveyard. It was snowing. It was awesome. The oldest grave was 1794.


That was my weekend: stitching and more stitching, and cemetery walking. It was a good one.

Psst! Click here to subscribe to the feed!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Your pieces are quickly becoming a wondrous work of art! So pretty.

Kristina Strain said...

Thanks! It feels GREAT.

Post a Comment

Thank you, so much, for taking the time to chime in here. Your comments make my day. Let's do our best to keep the snarkiness at bay and be a happy, friendly place in the interwebs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails