Friday, October 12, 2012

Change is good


When undertaking a painting project of the size we undertook, starting November 6th, 2010 (good heavens, has it really been almost two years?!), it is inevitable that at least one bad color is selected. This is the one, the only, I'm proud to say. Behr Pear. Honestly, does that look like PEAR to you? The answer is no, no it doesn't. Behr Pear is evil like a yellow highlighter. It looked even worse before I decorated-- adding in huge doses of plain brown to tone down the funk.

Anyway, I kissed that color buh-bye last week when I threw up new wall paint.


We had most of a gallon of flat white wall paint sitting here when we moved in, left over from the previous owners. To that I added a leetle bit of a color called Apricot mousse, and a leetle bit of a color called Filoti Olive, and then I came up with this pretty pale artichoke color.


Then I went and painted the ceiling, for extra credit. Because I'm all that. I also did the ceiling of the master bedroom. This evening Patrick and I are going out together, and before that I am changing out of my awesome painting clothes (not) and showering with LOTS of epsom salts. Epsom salts are my friend.

Next up in here, I paint the floor, roll out a rug, and call it done. Wahoo!


Psst! Click here to subscribe to the feed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, so much, for taking the time to chime in here. Your comments make my day. Let's do our best to keep the snarkiness at bay and be a happy, friendly place in the interwebs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails