Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Something crafty, finally



Lately I've been a pitchfork-and-shovel girl. And don't get me wrong, I love a good pitchfork-and-shovel session, but there was a rainy day last week I spent getting down with my (sorely neglected, abused, surely-growing-moss-by now) crafty side, and it felt terrific. 

My sister-in-law is getting married, and when the other bridesmaids and I commenced to email pow-wowing about her shower, I quickly piped up and volunteered to do favors. (Though mossy, the crafty side knows when to speak up and be heard.)


It was a blast. Meghann loves shoes, and since I knew I couldn't afford a pair of Manolos for each guest, I decided to do something foot-related. I mixed together sugar, ground oatmeal, peppermint oil, rosemary, and baby oil to make foot scrub. The labels I lifted from jamlabelizer.com. I played around with the text I wanted to use until everything just fit. Integral to the project: the quote, "If you can't do it in high heels, it isn't worth doing." I think Meghann said that to me once when we were ribbing each other about our divergent philosophies on physical activity. Possibly, I'd just gotten back from a hike.


Psst! Click here to subscribe to the feed!

3 comments:

Huhnybee said...

Wicked cute! Did you just throw all the ingredients together until it looks/feels right or is there a method?

Kristina Strain said...

Mostly it was my look/feel smell, but you want to start with about 3/4 sugar and 1/4 ground oatmeal, add baby oil until it's almost the consistency you want, and then add rosemary and peppermint. Easy peasy.

Becky said...

You are a fab Sis-in-law. Your mossy self outdid your self!

Post a Comment

Thank you, so much, for taking the time to chime in here. Your comments make my day. Let's do our best to keep the snarkiness at bay and be a happy, friendly place in the interwebs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails