Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Just a little addicted

This is what I found at that marvelous antiques store I showed you yesterday. Not the flowers, silly, the pot!

This is a McCoy jardinière in my favorite translucent bluey-green glaze. And unlike most of the items in the shop, it was underpriced. I wasted no time.

I'm dreaming of a wide sunny windowsill in our next house, and how it will be populated with begonia-filled McCoy planters. Dreaming, dreaming.

Time was, people would ask me if I collected anything, and I'd say, "Yes. Everything." Now I have just one thing I collect, and it's McCoy pottery, preferably in my favorite translucent bluey-green glaze.

3 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

It is very, very pretty. I collect lots of things, I can't stop!

Kristina Strain said...

Collecting is, in itself, an addiction I think. Not a bad one, either!

Becky said...

It's totally addicting, But as long as you aren't nearing a status that makes you a candidate for "Hoarders" then it's okay, right?

I love your new McCoy "planter." (Cause I can't spell the fancy word)

Post a Comment

Thank you, so much, for taking the time to chime in here. Your comments make my day. Let's do our best to keep the snarkiness at bay and be a happy, friendly place in the interwebs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails