Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What I'm Wearing: Viva la thrift

Dress: Modcloth
Cardigan: Thrifted
Tights: ?
Scarf: Thrifted
Shoes: Thrifted
Earrings: Anthropologie

I bought this dress as a late-birthday-present to myself, just after Christmas, and I've been having a hard time wearing it. I love it: the length, the gauzy-ness, the poppies... (I'm a sucker for poppies). I ended up pretty pleased with this outfit, though. The dark stockings and scarf keep everything from looking washed-out, a good thing.

Posting the run-down of this outfit has really made me notice how much of a thrift store junkie I am. It rocks. I scored this cardigan (and another just like it, in white) at a yard sale last May for $1.50 each. The shoes (and I never find shoes!) were at Salvation Army's half-off day two weeks ago, for two bucks. The scarf, I believe, was four or five dollars at an upper-end thrift store in Ithaca. Yee doggies.

Anyone have any great thrift scores to share? What's the best, most exciting, most ridiculous deal/item/story you have related to thrifting or yard saling? I bet there's some good ones...


8 comments:

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

that dress is super pretty! i have those issues, too, with clothes i was so excited about buying and then don't know quite how they fit into my closet...that dress will be perfect in the summer though!

Lisa-Marie said...

LOVE the dress!

Kristina said...

Thanks gals! I'm looking forward to summer, too.

Laura Elaine said...

Love how you styled the dress! I have probably too many good thrifting scores to share :) I am a thrifting junkie! My favorites: scoring a Givenchy silk scarf for $8, a pair of designer ($300) shoes for $30. (Probably the most I've paid at a thrift store!) I also treasure my wine colored leather blazer for $10 that goes with everything. I think I care more about my thrifted clothes than my "regular" clothes, because they truly are irreplacable!

Kristina said...

Laura Elaine, I'm with you on the "irreplacable" thing. Those shoes sound like a real, big-time, serious score. Way to go.

pippapatchwork.com said...

I love the outfit--and I love thrift stores! We have one called "Poor Little Rich Girl" and another called "Second Time Around." I bought several D&G silk scarves for an insanely good price once!

Karen said...

yard sale steamer, $2!! i use it ALL the time. :-) i'd say about 90 percent of my clothing is now vintage/thrift/yard sale/clothing swap!!

Karen said...

pippa do you live in somerville? i remember those exact stores!!

Post a Comment

Thank you, so much, for taking the time to chime in here. Your comments make my day. Let's do our best to keep the snarkiness at bay and be a happy, friendly place in the interwebs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails