Thursday, March 18, 2010

Love and radishes

It isn't glamorous. Or pretty. It doesn't lead to quick rewards, or notoriety, or fabulous riches. It'll leave you, more than likely, with a few twingy muscles and some overly-intimate dirt. But when the times comes, every year, to get back into the garden, I can't resist welcoming it back.

I dig so fervently I pull muscles, (unaccustomed to doing anything more strenuous than drinking wine by the fire, all winter) I rejoice a little in my soft, clean hands getting a little toughed up. It's the time! The best time. When spring is entirely still to be had, still ahead, and you haven't missed anything, not even the first fading crocus.

What does spring look like at your house this year?


3 comments:

Danielle and Clint said...

What have enjoyed 60's temps this week! It's so nice, but next week is back to the 40's :-(.

Kristina Strain said...

Same here! I'm trying to look on the bright side-- hey, that means soup! And cozy flannel! And the continuation of stockings-season! Maybe I'm trying too hard. :)

Lisa-Marie said...

We have no garden in our current flat, so spring comes in the form of two widowboxes full of herbs. It's a big change from a garden n when we grew potatoes, green beans and raspberries!

Post a Comment

Thank you, so much, for taking the time to chime in here. Your comments make my day. Let's do our best to keep the snarkiness at bay and be a happy, friendly place in the interwebs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails