Thursday, November 5, 2009

Lessons from Liz

I get blog crushes. Does anybody else do this? Periodically I'll zero in on one of the many (many many) blogs I follow, and become a wee bit stalker-ish. My already undying bloggy admiration will morph into something a little more awed and insistent. I'll walk around for two weeks filling Patrick's poor head with "Oh and her paint colors, blah blah blah, and she does the cutest embroidery, yeah, that too. AND she made the most delicious looking pancakes last week!" And, because Patrick is a good husband, he will nod patiently, pretend at a sweet (though slightly patronizing) interest in paint, embroidery, and pancakes, and wait for the storm to pass.

Anyway, my blog-crush-of-the-moment is Mabel's House. Autumn is the season for nesting, and this being autumn, well, I am nesting. Each year brings a procession of little projects I am stirred to complete before settling down to winter. Inspired to paint by my new-found love (ha ha), I covered a very scratched (yet highly adorable) nightstand in a color called Corduroy.

(Corduroy? What the heck kind of name for a color is that? And why is it gold? Most of the corduroy I've seen in my life has been brown. Maybe whoever named the color saw that episode of Sex and the City with Steve's gold corduory suit. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?)

Anyway, this project is done, and I'm pleased. As luck would have it, I have a (also very scratched) dresser that would match perfectly with this... and I think I have enough paint to cover that as well. Maybe someday they'll make the perfect spare-bedroom furniture set. Which would be for when we actually have a spare bedroom big enough for more than just a bed and nightstand. Someday.


9 comments:

Lorrie said...

Thanks for stopping by. I hope your day is lovely. Enjoy decorating!

Lorrie

Julia (Color Me Green) said...

hey at least you HAVE a spare bedroom! and i totally get blog crushes too.

gardenmama said...

What a lovely project! Thank you for the beautiful links to visit : )

Cassie said...

I followed your link to Mabel's house when you first linked a few posts back. So yes, I totally get the blog crush thing. And yes, I'm stalking her blog. I was laughing out loud at some of those past posts. Nothing like discovering a nice new place to haunt a bit.

The corderoy color is lovely!

Kristina Strain said...

Julia-- good point. I resolve to smile about it even though I want bigger rooms. And, glad I'm not the only crushee.

Cassandra--"Haunt" is the perfect word for it.

Sowing Clover (Emily) said...

Oh, and PS. I'm in love with Mabel's House, too.

Becky said...

Okay. I confess. You are one of my blog crushes! Along with Mai of Mairuru (http://mairuru.blogspot.com/)

Oh, the inspirations I draw from you two.... I guess that makes me a "Creative Vampire" huh?

Kristina Strain said...

::flattered:: Why thanks Becky! I'll try to be as blog-crush-worthy as possible for you.

Thanks for the delightful new blog to check out-- she's like Superwoman! I'll definitely be getting myself back over there regularly.

Liz Harrell said...

Thank you so much! This is super flattering! And wow, the project is fabulous, it will make a great set with the matching piece painted the same color. Dont you love it when that happens? Right now I have a ton of leftover paint and I'm trying to figure out how to utilize it in other places. Thanks again, you made my Friday!
Hugs,
Liz

Post a Comment

Thank you, so much, for taking the time to chime in here. Your comments make my day. Let's do our best to keep the snarkiness at bay and be a happy, friendly place in the interwebs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails