2. They're a really good almanac for the progress of fall.
3. Our bathroom has plumbing again, but no tile yet. That is quickly changing.
4. This is the laziest Halloween in history. I'm planning on wearing a vintage dress (a very vintage dress) and makeup. That is all.
5. Last night for dinner I layered three toasted tortillas with refried beans, salsa, and cheese and let it melt in a frying pan for a few minutes. And it was GOOD. And EASY.
6. I really don't like the bank right now.
7. Absinthe is fast becoming my drink of choice. Auditioning for a spot in Impressionist-era France, perhaps?
8. Last night I drew my future Gilbertsville Garden Complex on a sheet of graph paper. I made sure to include four raised beds, arugula, brick paths in a herringbone pattern, sunchokes, and room for 25 asparagus crowns. It was deeply satisfying.
9. Tonight Patrick is going to make mushroom barley soup for dinner, and I am going to sit on the couch and embroider.
10. I'm really happy with the homemade chai piece I wrote for Grow and Make last week.